So I disappeared from this blog for a couple years (and from running for a little while too). But, I want to get back into this.
Here's a quick summary of what I've been up to:
1) I finally got hired on full time at the job I was working at (nice after being laid off during the attorney purge of 2009).
2) I ran the 2009 Monster Dash Half Marathon (2:06:12... not too bad for a first time)
3) I then stopped running (at all) for about 4-5 months (oops)
4) I ran off and on (mostly off) for about a year
5) My wife and I had our second child (a daughter, who is now one and a half and loves chasing after her three-year-old brother)
6) I finally started running again semi-regularly last fall (2010).
7) I transitioned from "normal" cushioned running shoes to minimalist running shoes, and have been running in my Vibram Five Fingers ever since (I hope to write a little more about these later on)
8) I changed jobs to a new patent law firm in Minneapolis (maybe more on that later).
10) I signed up for the Walt Disney World Half Marathon in January 2012, which I will be running with some friends.
I hope to post 2 or 3 times per week. I'm going to quit posting every single workout (which I now realize was a stupid idea), but I may still post a brief weekly summary of my training. My focus will be just on what I'm thinking about running related (plus some random stuff thrown in too). I'll let the blog take shape from there.