Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

Twin Cities Marathon Training Summary



So where the hell have I been?!  Well, I have no excuse for not posting over the past month and a half... other than that I have been very busy with work, kids, and training.

And now, the Twin Cities Marathon is 6 days away... so I thought I'd update you on my training with a very high-level summary.

Total Miles (June 18 through Sunday, Sept. 30): 373.4
Total Running Time: 2 days, 9 hours, 4 minutes, 59 seconds (57:04:59)
Total Missed Workouts: Lots... more than I want to count or admit
Longest Run: 21 miles (Sept. 15), 3:16:25 (9:21/mi)
Fastest Long Run: 8:51/mi (10 mi marathon pace run on Sept. 30).  Fastest non-marathon pace run was a 9:13/mi 15-miler on Sept. 9.
Slowest Long Run: 11:02/mi (20 mi run on Sept. 2) (it was very hot and humid that day, so I don't really feel too bad about it)
Toughest Runs: There were two 10-mile marathon pace runs that were scheduled on the same day of the week as tempo runs.... meaning I had to get up at 4 in the morning and run for 10 miles before breakfast... TWICE!

That's pretty much it.  This will probably be the last post until I write a race recap (hopefully completed within a couple weeks after the race).


No comments:

Post a Comment