Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

"Get to Know Me!" Monday Part III - The Most Anticipated of 2012

Last week, I outlined my own personal "Best of 2011."  This week, I outline the things I'm looking forward to in the coming year.

Most Anticipated Event

Right now, there is no question... the Twin Cities Marathon.  I officially registered for this last week, so there is no backing down.  The farthest I've ever run is just over 15 miles, so it will be interesting as I gear up to run 11 more miles beyond that!  Look for a lot of posts about marathons starting around July.
(More "Get to Know Me" After the Jump)


Most Anticipated Book
The Wind Through the Keyhole (Dark Tower Series) by Stephen King

Even though I thought the Dark Tower Series had been completed (with the seventh book being published several years ago), apparently Stephen King is planning on releasing another one this spring.

Most Anticipated Movies - In order of my person excitement (from least excited, to most excited):

The Avengers (Release Date: May 4)


I'm not much of a comic book nerd (although Non-Running Mommy, my wife, very much IS)... but I am intrigued by this Uber-Super Hero movie.  There's a reason this is in the "least excited" spot on this list, but I'm still excited about it.

Prometheus (June 8)

I don't really know what it's about (and I haven't tried to figure it out), but the screen shots I've seen look beautiful, futuristic, trippy, and fun. Plus, it's Michael Fassbender, who seems to be able to do no wrong right now.

The Master (TBD, Sometime in the Fall)

The Master stars Phillip Seymour Hoffman (one of my favorite actors) as L. Ron Hubbard, the founder of Scientology (OK, he isn't really L. Ron Hubbard, but just the founder of some Scientology-like religious group... but everyone seems to get that this is about Scientology, even if it doesn't say so. Oh yeah... and it's directed by PTA (Paul Thomas Anderson, director of There Will Be Blood, Magnolia, and Boogie Nights), so there's that.

The Hunger Games (March 23)

The incredibly popular book (if you take a shot for every time you see someone reading The Hunger Games, or one of its sequels, Catching Fire or Mockingjay on public transportation or on an airplane, you will get plastered and thrown off said conveyance very quickly indeed) is being turned into a movie that looks absolutely stunning.  I liked the first book a lot (I didn't love it as much as most people seem to, but it's still very good), and I think it could make a fantastic movie... or a very good money grab.

Django Unchained (Dec. 25)

All I needed to hear was Tarantino, and I'm in.

The Dark Knight Rises (July 20)

I may not be much of a comic book guy, but I thought The Dark Knight was one of the most underappreciated movies of 2008. I love Christopher Nolan as a director, and I can't wait to see what he has done with this one. Bring on Bane!

Brave (June 22)

I LOVE Pixar movies. I don't think they've made a bad movie... and most of their movies are spectacular. Brave looks so stunning, that I can't imagine it being any less than incredi-fabulous.

The Hobbit (Dec. 14)

Of J.R.R. Tolkein's classic stories of Middle Earth, I really enjoyed The Lord of the Rings trilogy... but I loved Loved LOVED The Hobbit. If that pattern holds true for the comparison between the Lord of the Rings movies and this movie adaptation of The Hobbit than I will be very happy indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment