Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

Lincoln Half Marathon Training - Week 5

I still had lingering issues with my calf during the early part of the week, so I took it slow early in the week.  I did get in two running workouts toward the end of the week, and I could definitely feel the effects of not having run for over a week (plus donating blood earlier in the week).

Mon. Jan. 30 - Rest Day - initially I had planned on trying to get in an extra cross-training day Monday morning, but I had too much to do at work, so I just got into work early. (See the rest of the recap after the jump)

Tues. Jan. 31 Cross Training - Swim (33:00) - I'm starting to like swimming, but I think I'll keep it at only one swim workout per week.

Wed. Feb. 1  Rest  - This had been a planned speed intervals workout (I believe a 5x1000m workout), but I didn't want to risk it.  My calf was still feeling tender, so I just rested it again.

Thurs. Feb. 2 - Cross Training - Swim - Rise and shine, woodchuck chuckers!  It's GROUNDHOG DAY!  What better way to start the "6 more weeks" of winter but with a swimming workout.

Fri. Feb. 3 - 3 mi. Short Tempo Run (Total Distance: 4.67 miles, Total Time: 45:18, 9:42/mile avg.) - A difficult return to running.  I ended up having to walk quite a bit, and my average pace for the tempo portion was 9:26/mi (goal was 8:12/mi).  I'm going to chalk this up as difficulty returning from a week-plus long absence from running combined with the fact that I donated blood on Wednesday.

Sat. Feb. 4 - Rest Day

Sun Feb. 5  9.5 mile Long Run (9.55 miles, 1:35:56, 10:03/mi avg) - another terrible run.  My goal was around 9:10/mi average, and I was slower than 10 minutes per mile.  Blech.  I hope this was again because of the blood donation. 


Total Running Miles: 14.22
Total Running Time: 2:21:14
Total X-training Time: 1:08:00
Total Training Time: 3:29:14


Total Running Miles for Lincoln Half Training: 60.82
Total Running Time for Lincoln Half Training: 9:39:32
Total Training Time (Running + X-training) for Lincoln Half Training: 12:02:32

No comments:

Post a Comment