Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

Updates

You may have noticed a lack of posts about training since I ran the Lincoln Half Marathon earlier this month... Well, that's because I haven't run (or done anything physical) since that race.

As you may have surmised from some of my posts, I have been very busy with work all Spring, and I've been using the past couple weeks as a chance to get in a bit earlier to work and to rest up and (hopefully) get my plantar fasciitis and my ITBS mostly healed before I start training for the Twin Cities Marathon.

Here are my blogging and running plans for the next few weeks... in case you cared:
  1. Start running again  - I'm going to do a couple easy runs this week, (hopefully the first tomorrow morning), and then a long-ish run this weekend (7-8 miles).
  2. Injury Updates - sharp-reading fans of the blog will notice I slipped in references to plantar fasciitis (PF) and illiotibial band syndrome (ITBS) above... yep, I've been suffering from these two maladies, which are two of the most common suffered by runners (other than sprained ankles).  I've already done a pretty extensive post on PF (back when I experienced it back in 2009), but I plan on writing a follow-up on what I've been doing to try and treat this condition this spring and summer.  I'll also do a similar, semi-detailed write up on ITBS.
  3. TC Marathon Training Plan - this will be a bit more in the future (mid-to-late June), but I want to write up my training plan for my first marathon (eeek!).
  4. Running Goals - finally, I started the year with some running goals for 2012.  I want to see where I stand with them (hint, I've already achieved a couple of them), and I want to reevaluate and modify them as necessary.
Thanks for sticking with me so far... I hope you enjoy the "ride" (the boring, long-winded, ride)

No comments:

Post a Comment