Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

Lincoln Half Marathon Training - Week 3

A slight increase in training this week, but still an "easy" week compared to how training will be from now on.  In the coming week, I hope to get back into full swing, with a speed intervals workout, a tempo run, a full (9 mile) long run, and two cross training days.  (The full summary of Week 3 is after the jump)



Monday Jan. 16 - Rest Day - still getting back into the flow of being back home.

Tuesday Jan. 17 - Rest Day - first day back in the office after vacation.  I decided not to work out this morning, but rather to get in ASAP.

Wed. Jan. 18 - 4 Mile Easy Run (Treadmill) (4.22 miles, 40 minutes) -  Back into training! I'm still taking it slightly easier for this week and maybe next week, and then it's back into full training mode for the Lincoln Half!

Thurs. Jan. 19 - Rest Day

Fri. Jan. 20 - 3 mi. Short Tempo Run (Treadmill) (Total Workout Miles: 4.28, 38:32, 8:59/mi avg.) -
More fun on the treadmill! My first tempo run since being back in Minnesota. It went OK, but the first mile and a half was tough. I forgot how hard these short tempo runs can be.  My goal for the tempo portion was 8:12/mile, and I averaged 8:06/mi (8:04, 8:12, 8:03).

Sat. Jan. 21 - Rest Day

Sun Jan. 22 - 8 mi. Long Run (approx 1:12:00) (Treadmill) - My Garmin and foot pod were acting funny during this run, so I don't trust its data, and I kept stopping and restarting my treadmill, so I don't even know the exact time.  I know I was on the damn machine for at least 70 minutes, and I was going pretty fast on average, so I'll just guesstimate the time and distance.

Total Running Miles: 16.5
Total Running Time: 2:30:32
Total X-training Time: 0:00:00 (that will hopefully change this week)


Total Running Miles for Lincoln Half Training: 42.65
Total Running Time for Lincoln Half Training: 6:32:33
Total Training Time (Running + X-training) for Lincoln Half Training: 6:32:33

No comments:

Post a Comment