Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

Race Week Is Here!

Even Donald has his "Game Face" on!
Here are my modest goals for the week itself (not including the race):
  1. Eat well - I haven't eaten super well during training for this race, so I'm hoping to do a little better for this week.  This includes actually eating breakfast (probably a whole grain cereal each day), avoiding snacking at work (particularly candy), and portion control (since my running miles this week are pretty low).
  2. Drink LOTS of Water - for a good portion of training, I did a good job of drinking lots of water, but for some reason for the past four weeks or so, I've been lax.  (Ooh, that reminds me... I need to refill my glass... OK, I'm back).
  3. Don't Get Injured (doing something stupid) - this includes being very careful on the ice that formed on our driveway over the weekend, watch where I'm walking, etc.
  4. Don't Forget Anything - I made up my packing list, and I've laid most of the items aside, but now I just need to remember to pack everything.
  5. Don't Miss My Flight - I obviously can't run the Walt Disney World Half Marathon if I'm stuck in Minneapolis.
  6. Try (at least TRY) To Get Some Work Done - At least once last week, I was completely useless at work (well, not completely useless... but not nearly as efficient as I should be).  I can't start my vacation early, no matter how much I want to.  Bonus for this goal, it will make the week seem to go faster, which will make The Race be here that much faster.
 I've put in (most of) the miles, and now it's time for the final week before the race.  It's almost time to crush this thing.  Good luck to all my fellow racers.

LET'S DO THIS!

No comments:

Post a Comment