Pages

Monday, March 12, 2012

Lincoln Half Marathon Training - Week 10

After a week filled with some lows (three skipped workouts) and some highs (FINALLY a good long run), I am ready to KICK ASS this week.  I also decided to shift my weekly schedule by one day.  The new schedule until Lincoln will be:

Mon - Cross Training; Tues - Speed Workout, Wed - Cross Training, Thurs - Tempo Run, Fri - Rest, Sat - Long Run, Sun - Rest (or Cross Training if feeling good) 

Mon. Mar. 5 -Cross Train - 35 min stationary bike (10.94 miles) - My first cross-training in awhile, but I want to make sure I get in at least 7 cross-training workouts this month (per my March goal).  One down, six to go.

Tues. Mar 6 - 1 mi, 2 mi, 2x800m Intervals (Treadmill) (6.1 mi, 1:00:510, 9:58/mi avg) - This is an incredibly tough workout (the 2 mi interval seems incredibly fast and it's for two miles) but I felt really good (other than the start of a blister on my foot... stupid hot treadmills).  This is one of the days that I hate during the workout, but will be SOOOO glad that I did come race day.  My goals were: 1 mi - 7:53, 2 mi - 8:08/mi avg, 800 m intervals - 3:47
Splits:
1) 1 mi interval - 7:47
2) 2 mi interval - 16:10, 8:05/mi avg
3) 800 m - 3:48
4) 800 m - 3:46  

Wed. Mar. 7 - Rest - By Thursday, I was dragging.  I know I need to quit skipping these cross-training days, but when 4:15 rolls around, it's hard to drag myself out of bed.
Thurs. Mar. 8 - 5 mi. Mid Tempo (Treadmill) (6.6 mi, 1:00:08, 9:07/mi avg.) - I'm ready to be done with the treadmill.  It was actually warm enough outside to run this outside (lower 30s, it might have even crept into the upper 30s).  But, it had been really warm the day before, melting a lot of snow, that then was refrozen onto the paths that I normally run on.  I figured I might as well give them a chance to dry out rather than break my ass running out there.  My goal for the tempo portion was 8:40/mi, and I was able to hit 8:35/mi (Splits: 1. 8:39, 2. 8:35, 3. 8:34, 4. 8:39, 5. 8:27).

Fri. Mar. 9 - 13 mi. Long Run (Treadmill) (13.15 mi., 2:03:57, 9:26/mi avg) - I know this looks like I went back to back with two tough workouts, but the Thursday tempo run was early in the morning (I was on the treadmill before 5 AM), and this long run was late at night (I started running at about 9:15 PM), so there was a good 40 hours of rest time between them.  It was also a really good run (considering it was on the treadmill).  Finally, I've had two weeks in a row with a good long run.  I'm extatic!  I'm going to bump up my target paces starting next week (meaning I achieved one of my goals for March).


Sat. Mar. 10 - Rest - A totally earned rest day... and I got to spend it helping my in-laws move big, heavy furniture down their stairs.  Hooray!

Sun. Mar. 11 -41 mi. Swim - Since I had my long run on Friday night instead of Saturday, I decided to do an extra cross-training workout (to make up for one of the cross-training workouts that I've missed recently... or actually, to make up for a cross-training workout that I ended up having to skip for the following Monday).  It was nice to get back in the pool.


Total Running Miles for Week 10: 25.85
Total Running Time for Week 10: 4:04:55
Total X-training Time for Week 10: 1:16:00
Total Training Time for Week 10: 5:20:55


Total Running Miles for Lincoln Half Marathon Training: 169.96
Total Running Time for Lincoln Half Marathon Training: 1 day, 3:16:51 (27:16:51)

Total Training Time (Running + X-training) for Lincoln Half Marathon Training: 1 day, 8:05:51 (32:05:51).

No comments:

Post a Comment