Pages

Monday, July 27, 2009

Monster Dash Training Starts Today

Today is the first official day of my Monster Dash Half-Marathon Training Program (although technically, today is a day off, so the actual training doesn't start until tomorrow). My training plan will be a modified version of Hal Higdon's Intermediate Half-Marathon Program from halhigdon.com, but with two extra weeks added (for a total of 14 weeks rather than Hal's planned 12 week program), one week for an extra buildup, and another for an added week of taper. I am also throwing in some of the workout advice/types from the Run Faster book (review forthcoming).

I am very excited to start my first "official" long-distance race training program. This is the first concrete step toward my goal of finishing a full marathon (up until now, you could say I was just dabbling in training, but could have stopped at any time).

Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment