Pages

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Workout: 3 mile Injury Test

Distance: 3.04 miles
Time: 28 minute, 18 seconds
Avg. Pace: 9:18 per mile
Type: Easy run to test injured toe
Weather: Overcast, mid-60s, humid
Summary: Easy jog/run for most of run (first 2 1/2 miles or so) at about 10 min. pace. Last half mile was at an increased pace for a small threshhold workout.

My first run back after my toe injury, and I felt really good. My legs were clearly refreshed after a week and a half off, however I definitely lost some cardio endurance, since I was tired way too early in the run and had a stitch in my side at about 1 1/2 miles. My stamina (i.e. ability to hold an increased threshhold pace) also decreased a little because I couldn't maintain my threshold pace as well during the last 1/2 mile. I'm not too worried about the loss in endurance and pace, since those will come back during my actual training for my upcoming Half. The important news is my toe didn't hurt at all during the workout. It was a little stiff and sore later in the evening, but I think that was caused more by me icing it. I still had no pain when I got up this morning (although still a little stiffness in the toe right now), so hopefully this means I am sufficiently healed to start up running again. I will take Thursday off completely, and if the toe still feels fine on Friday, I will do another short (2.5-3 mile) test run.

No comments:

Post a Comment