Pages

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Workout: 3.2 Mile Pace Run

Distance: 3.24 miles (click for route & details)
Time: 30:29
Avg. Pace: 9:24/mile
Type: Pace Run
Weather: Hot (mid-80s) and very humid, sunny
Summary: First 1.5 miles, about 8:45/mile, last 1.75 miles sporadic (alternated between running @ about 9:00/mile and walking @ about 15:00 to 20:00/mile)

Very hot and humid today. Clearly I wasn't hydrated enough, and I should have brought a bottle of water with me. I started out going at a very good pace for about 1.5 to 1.75 miles (between about 8:45 and about 9:00 per mile, right at my goal pace), but then the heat and hills (I was running near my parents house while they watched Andy, and they live in a much hillier area than where I live) got to me, and I had to walk a few times (2 times for a short period, usually only 15-30 seconds to finish up a hill, but 2 more times for 2 minutes or more). Hopefully tomorrow's long run is a little easier at a slower pace and with constant hydration.

Next Planned Workout: Tomorrow (8/9), 6 mile long run

No comments:

Post a Comment