Pages

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Workout: 6 Mile Long Run

Distance: 6.13 miles (click for route & details)
Time: 1:01:52
Avg. Pace: 10:05/mile
Type: Long Run
Weather: Warm (low to mid 70s), very humid
Summary: Simple out and back run. My pace stayed sub-10 minutes for the first half, but I couldn't really keep that up, and for the second half it was more like 10:30.

Still way too humid. It was considerably cooler tonight as I ran this (didn't even start the run until 9:00 PM... running in the dark is FUN /sarcasm), but still very, very, very humid. I was drenched by the time I was done. Overall, this is about the best I could have hoped for under the situation after yesterday's horrible experiment with pace running in the heat and the humidity tonight. Plus, I did get the miles in and I ran the whole way, so that's a plus.

Next Planned Workout: Tuesday (8/11) Threshold tempo run (planned 10 min. and 7 min. intervals in 40 min. workout)

No comments:

Post a Comment